This is a quick and easy meal and you can take this opportunity to clean up all the small quantities of vegetables in your refrigerator. Have some meat or shrimp. Find some vegetable in various colors. Always keep some individually packed Udon (Japanese style thick noodle) in stock. You can have this meal done in 30 minutes.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- Udon 2 servings, with soup base packet
- 6 jumbo shrimp
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 yellow onion
- handful of snap beans
- 3 brown mushrooms
- green leafy vegetable (small Chinese cabbage, bok choy, cabbage or napa cabbage)
- 4 slices Kamaboko (Steamed Surimi Seafood)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
Salt, pepper and wine
- Have shrimps peeled and deveined, sliced in half from the back, marinated with dash of salt and 2 tablespoons wine. Cut Kamaboko slices in half. Peel and slice carrot. Slice yellow onion. Remove both ends of snap beans and cut in 1.5 in. sections. Remove stem of mushrooms and slice them. Wash leafy vegetable and cut in 1.5 in. sections.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil, drop beaten eggs, stir-fry to make scrambled egg, cut in smaller pieces with spatula and remove.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil, add shrimp, stir-fry until cooked and remove.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil, stir-fry briefly onion, carrot, snap bean, add chicken broth, one packet of soup base, brown mushrooms, leafy vegetable, shrimp, Kamaboko, udon noodle, season with salt and pepper, cook until udon is getting soft and loosened. Add scrambled egg pieces, mix well, remove and serve.